The INFO BOOTH - Got a simple question? Post it here.

New to airsoft? Find out everything you need to know.
Post Reply
User avatar
Moondog
Site Admin
Posts: 4385
Joined: Tue Jan 27, 2009 8:24 pm
First Name: Tom
Last Name: DelMundo
Location: New York
Contact:

The INFO BOOTH - Got a simple question? Post it here.

Post by Moondog »

There are no Stupid Questions
We encourage everyone to take some thought and post in the appropriate forum. They're clearly labeled. But folks get lazy of intimidated so rather than have me yell at you for posting in the wrong place, just post your topic or question here.

• Got a question and don't want to bother searching through the site and don't care to learn how? Post here.

• Don't know where to post? Post here.

• Too intimidated to post it in the other forums because you think they're too hard-core? Post here.



To those Answering Questions
Be sure to QUOTE the thread you are answering and please include links to any other threads on this board where you think they'll find more information.
Goggles fogging? Get Moondog D-Fog :: See the RULES forum :: Please complete your new account activation. :: Read the guide on face photo avatars

Pistol Sniper
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue Apr 12, 2011 4:18 pm

Gas pistol opinion?

Post by Pistol Sniper »

Hey I am ordering the WE nighthawk custom 1911 edition (http://www.airsoftpost.com/product_info ... s_id=32202) please tell me what you think of it and if you know any knowledge about this gun. Thank you.

User avatar
Moondog
Site Admin
Posts: 4385
Joined: Tue Jan 27, 2009 8:24 pm
First Name: Tom
Last Name: DelMundo
Location: New York
Contact:

Re: Gas pistol opinion?

Post by Moondog »

This is not a very good introduction post. Maybe you should read the STICKY TOPICS. We have an INFO BOOTH where you're supposed to ask questions. Merging.

WE makes the excellent metal 1911's (notably the SOCOM line) in terms of details and performance. The only drawback of WE 1911's that I can see is that they use a proprietary magazine, and can not use TM compatible mags.
Goggles fogging? Get Moondog D-Fog :: See the RULES forum :: Please complete your new account activation. :: Read the guide on face photo avatars

Pistol Sniper
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue Apr 12, 2011 4:18 pm

Re: The INFO BOOTH - Got a simple question? Post it here.

Post by Pistol Sniper »

I believe I am a Validated member and i should not be a problem anymore. When you say that they (WE) use a proprietary magazine and they can not use TM compatible magazines what exactly does that mean? Please explain because I'm new to airsoft in this pistol aspect

User avatar
Moondog
Site Admin
Posts: 4385
Joined: Tue Jan 27, 2009 8:24 pm
First Name: Tom
Last Name: DelMundo
Location: New York
Contact:

Re: The INFO BOOTH - Got a simple question? Post it here.

Post by Moondog »

Pistol Sniper wrote:I believe I am a Validated member and i should not be a problem anymore. When you say that they (WE) use a proprietary magazine and they can not use TM compatible magazines what exactly does that mean? Please explain because I'm new to airsoft in this pistol aspect


WE 1911 pistols can only use WE magazines. TM means Tokyo Marui which is the most well respected brand in Japan and the gold standard for airsoft. KJW, Y&P and Army 1911's can use (compatible) TM magazines.
Goggles fogging? Get Moondog D-Fog :: See the RULES forum :: Please complete your new account activation. :: Read the guide on face photo avatars

Pistol Sniper
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue Apr 12, 2011 4:18 pm

Re: The INFO BOOTH - Got a simple question? Post it here.

Post by Pistol Sniper »

O ok i have heard of tokyo marui (although i find some of their items overpriced) thank you for answering my questions i ordered a WE compatible magazine and the holy cow special from evike which should be compatible with my gun. Thank you very much moondog

User avatar
Moondog
Site Admin
Posts: 4385
Joined: Tue Jan 27, 2009 8:24 pm
First Name: Tom
Last Name: DelMundo
Location: New York
Contact:

Re: The INFO BOOTH - Got a simple question? Post it here.

Post by Moondog »

Pistol Sniper wrote:O ok i have heard of tokyo marui (although i find some of their items overpriced) thank you for answering my questions i ordered a WE compatible magazine and the holy cow special from evike which should be compatible with my gun. Thank you very much moondog


TM will always be 'expensive' because they do not export products outside of Japan. So what you're actually paying is having some agent in Japan buy it at full price at a Japanese retail store and shipped to a US distributer/retailer.
Goggles fogging? Get Moondog D-Fog :: See the RULES forum :: Please complete your new account activation. :: Read the guide on face photo avatars

User avatar
Ir0nExpress
Posts: 6
Joined: Thu May 26, 2011 8:01 pm

Re: The INFO BOOTH - Got a simple question? Post it here.

Post by Ir0nExpress »

I've googled this question multiple ways and I can't seem to find my answer so here goes.

I bought my Echo1 AK47 a few months back. I only had the battery pack (8.4v 1400mah) that it came with and I've been using that until recently.

My friend threw me a bone and said that he'd give me a universal smart charger (the blue purple ish one that ive seen almost everywhere) which he said he dropped once and the light on it doesn't always light up all the time but he was sure it worked (confirmed working), a new firefox 9.6v 1500mah w/ small tamiya New in package and some old 9.6v 1400mah used intellect with a deans connector. All for 20 bucks. Only catch was I didnt have the adapters for the small tamiya and deans, so I just used the stock battery pack and it was fine for semi auto indoors. I finally bought the connectors I needed this week.

Problem: The 8.4volt stock pack I've been charging with the smart charger has been working great so I know the charger works. Its the 9.6 volt batteries that for some reason, won't hold a charge on either of them (they dont turn warm at all). I've left them both for two hours each on the charger and they just fire a few shots and seem to act like the battery is done. The stock pack still works. I notice the only thing on it is the 0.9amp (which is what I'm currently using) and 1.8amp selector switch on the smart charger. Should I touch that? When do I use that switch?

User avatar
Moondog
Site Admin
Posts: 4385
Joined: Tue Jan 27, 2009 8:24 pm
First Name: Tom
Last Name: DelMundo
Location: New York
Contact:

Re: The INFO BOOTH - Got a simple question? Post it here.

Post by Moondog »

Ir0nExpress wrote:I've googled this question multiple ways and I can't seem to find my answer so here goes.

I bought my Echo1 AK47 a few months back. I only had the battery pack (8.4v 1400mah) that it came with and I've been using that until recently.

My friend threw me a bone and said that he'd give me a universal smart charger (the blue purple ish one that ive seen almost everywhere) which he said he dropped once and the light on it doesn't always light up all the time but he was sure it worked (confirmed working), a new firefox 9.6v 1500mah w/ small tamiya New in package and some old 9.6v 1400mah used intellect with a deans connector. All for 20 bucks. Only catch was I didnt have the adapters for the small tamiya and deans, so I just used the stock battery pack and it was fine for semi auto indoors. I finally bought the connectors I needed this week.

Problem: The 8.4volt stock pack I've been charging with the smart charger has been working great so I know the charger works. Its the 9.6 volt batteries that for some reason, won't hold a charge on either of them (they dont turn warm at all). I've left them both for two hours each on the charger and they just fire a few shots and seem to act like the battery is done. The stock pack still works. I notice the only thing on it is the 0.9amp (which is what I'm currently using) and 1.8amp selector switch on the smart charger. Should I touch that? When do I use that switch?


The amp switch is fast and super fast charge setting (but you generally don't want to use the 1.8amp setting unless your battery is above 1800mAh or else it will shorten the life of smaller batteries).

The old batteries sound like they're either old and won't hold a charge...or more likely the connector in the adapter you bought isn't making a connection. Try another adapter or try replacing the deans and hard solder a small tamiya connector.
Goggles fogging? Get Moondog D-Fog :: See the RULES forum :: Please complete your new account activation. :: Read the guide on face photo avatars

User avatar
Ir0nExpress
Posts: 6
Joined: Thu May 26, 2011 8:01 pm

Re: The INFO BOOTH - Got a simple question? Post it here.

Post by Ir0nExpress »

Hrmm it'd be weird it both connectors didn't work, I'll try and find my friend's smart charger and give it a try. Thanks for the quick reply!

Post Reply