The INFO BOOTH - Got a simple question? Post it here.

New to airsoft? Find out everything you need to know.
phridum
Site Admin
First Name: Travis
Last Name: Barrett

Re: The INFO BOOTH - Got a simple question? Post it here.

Post by phridum »

Technically, the state of NY is setting the restrictions and the field is only choosing to obey the law.

primer
First Name: Ted
Last Name: Colegrove

Post by primer »

If you guys are looking for relatively cheap and VERY effective smokes, check out your local gun show and if you see this:
Buy as many as you can (usually around $5 each)

Martime Smoke:
http://www.d8.uscgnews.com/external/con ... eSmoke.jpg

They work wonders:
Want to change my signature? http://www.x24d.com/sig_changer/
Moondog wrote:Yes, friendly fire still kills you. Same as real life.

blaze7
First Name: Omali
Last Name: Cruz

Which is better

Post by blaze7 »

Looking to buy another airsoft but wanted to get input on which of these two are better
Ares tavor 21 or Ics L85 or L86 :geek:

phridum
Site Admin

Re: Which is better

Post by phridum »

As brands go, I consider Ares to be higher quality than ICS. Though personal opinion of the L85 vs Tavor isn't something anyone can help you with. They are both bullpup, but handle very different.

Erebus
First Name: Douglas
Last Name: Hemphill

Re: Which is better

Post by Erebus »

blaze7 wrote:Looking to buy another airsoft but wanted to get input on which of these two are better
Ares tavor 21 or Ics L85 or L86 :geek:

Keep in mind that the ARES is technically no longer made, ARES lost the manufacturing license, so now S and T makes it, and they are not the same level of quality. So if you can find an ARES it will either be used or significantly more expensive.

Beyond that, the tavor is lighter than the L85 and has an easier/faster spring change, but the gearbox and general setup is harder to do work on than the ICS arrangement.

As for the L86, it is not really in the same league, it is a support weapon rather than an assuage rifle, meaning it is BIG. In my experience the L86 has better range and fps due to the longer barrel, but again, this is a large gun, so just be aware.

Last comment is that I've had fewer problems with my ICS L86 than with my Tavor, but that may well be luck of the draw.

Hope that helps.
Signature and personality being remodeled

FatManGlasses
First Name: Kevin
Last Name: Salinas

Trading Help

Post by FatManGlasses »

Someone offered me an ics sig 552 for my galil, worth it? this is the specs a silencer has been added to cover the tightbore, as well as an ICS scope mount an element stubby fore-grip. The dust cover doesn't lock back but still has no effect on the gun. Internally the gun is completely new nothing is stock. The gun is wired to deans, there is an active breaking Mosfet installed as well as a matrix 3000 torque motor, prometheus spring guide, Systema m120 spring, DeepFire cylinder, titanium piston, and aluminum piston head. Guarder cylinder head, deep fire aluminum air nozzle, SHS tappet plate, and guarder anti-reversal latch. AK length tightbore (cylinder is matched to barrel length), Madbull red hop up bucking and Madbull hop up nub. Gun is very accurate and very fast! The gears are stock but have been re-shimmed and re-lubed. Sorbothane has beed added to create a perfect AOE. The gun will also include one 7.4 lipo that fits in the handguard, lipo charger, lipo-graurd charge pouch, and two mag
Nothing Ventured, Nothing Gained.
Kevin FatMan Salinas

Moondog
Site Admin
First Name: Tom
Last Name: DelMundo

Re: Trading Help

Post by Moondog »

FatManGlasses wrote:Someone offered me an ics sig 552 for my galil, worth it? this is the specs a silencer has been added to cover the tightbore, as well as an ICS scope mount an element stubby fore-grip. The dust cover doesn't lock back but still has no effect on the gun. Internally the gun is completely new nothing is stock. The gun is wired to deans, there is an active breaking Mosfet installed as well as a matrix 3000 torque motor, prometheus spring guide, Systema m120 spring, DeepFire cylinder, titanium piston, and aluminum piston head. Guarder cylinder head, deep fire aluminum air nozzle, SHS tappet plate, and guarder anti-reversal latch. AK length tightbore (cylinder is matched to barrel length), Madbull red hop up bucking and Madbull hop up nub. Gun is very accurate and very fast! The gears are stock but have been re-shimmed and re-lubed. Sorbothane has beed added to create a perfect AOE. The gun will also include one 7.4 lipo that fits in the handguard, lipo charger, lipo-graurd charge pouch, and two mag
Merging your topic into the INFO BOOTH. Please post your general questions there rather than starting a thread which isn't a "Guide to how beginners should get into airsoft."

You can't tell if its a good trade unless you also explain:
1. What kind of Galil do you own?
2. How old is the Galil and its condition and upgrades if any?
Goggles fogging? Get Moondog D-Fog :: See the RULES forum :: Please complete your new account activation. :: Read the guide on face photo avatars

FatManGlasses
First Name: Kevin
Last Name: Salinas

Re: Trading Help

Post by FatManGlasses »

the galil is new and stock. King Arms*
Nothing Ventured, Nothing Gained.
Kevin FatMan Salinas

phridum
Site Admin

Post by phridum »

I am loathe to buy guns that have been "upgraded" as they usually have a very short life-span. However, if the gun's reliability isn't in question, the only think you can ask yourself is which do you think is sexier? If you like the Sig556 better than the Galil, why not?

Moondog
Site Admin
First Name: Tom
Last Name: DelMundo

Post by Moondog »

Not knowing the external condition of the SIG you listed or the workmanship of the person who upgraded it, I'd say go for it because:
A. With a tightbore and higher FPS it's more accurate than your Galil
B. SIG mags are easier to find used
C. SIG mags are cheaper to buy new
C. The ICS V3 gearbox is easier to work with
D. It has a MOSFET hard-wired

FYI, if you're going to list features...
list them individually with carriage returns for easier reading (just like I did above)
Goggles fogging? Get Moondog D-Fog :: See the RULES forum :: Please complete your new account activation. :: Read the guide on face photo avatars