The INFO BOOTH - Got a simple question? Post it here.

New to airsoft? Find out everything you need to know.
Moondog
Site Admin
First Name: Tom
Last Name: DelMundo

Re: The INFO BOOTH - Got a simple question? Post it here.

Post by Moondog »

Ir0nExpress wrote:Hrmm it'd be weird it both connectors didn't work, I'll try and find my friend's smart charger and give it a try. Thanks for the quick reply!
All you need is one part of the DEANS-Tamiya adapter to be bad or simply loose for it NOT to work properly.
Goggles fogging? Get Moondog D-Fog :: See the RULES forum :: Please complete your new account activation. :: Read the guide on face photo avatars

Pryme7
First Name: Jonathan
Last Name: Reynolds

Post by Pryme7 »

So I posted a question about modding a Echo 1 ASC into a DMR\Sniper rifle in the sniper thread, mainly to ask if it was a viable modification, but it turned into a more detailed upgrade series of questions. Wasn't sure if it should have been better placed in the upgrade threads? I can move it if need be. Just don't want to be taking up excess space in the wrong places. Thanks.
“I worshipped dead men for their strength, Forgetting I was strong.”
- Vita Sackville-West

phridum
Site Admin
First Name: Travis
Last Name: Barrett

Post by phridum »

If it's a look you want, all you need to do is add a bipod and a scope. I recommend a low power scope for faster target acquisition at short airsoft distances. If you need to gain accuracy, spring for heavier and higher quality BBs. You can also increase FPS, accuracy, and range by polishing the inner barrel. Get some cymbal polish from the music store. Lube it all up inside and then run cloth strips through until they are perfectly clean. Check the Airsoft Sniper forums for a detailed guide. Or Google "inner barrel polishing guide".

Pryme7
First Name: Jonathan
Last Name: Reynolds

Post by Pryme7 »

phridum wrote:If it's a look you want, all you need to do is add a bipod and a scope. I recommend a low power scope for faster target acquisition at short airsoft distances. If you need to gain accuracy, spring for heavier and higher quality BBs. You can also increase FPS, accuracy, and range by polishing the inner barrel. Get some cymbal polish from the music store. Lube it all up inside and then run cloth strips through until they are perfectly clean. Check the Airsoft Sniper forums for a detailed guide. Or Google "inner barrel polishing guide".
I'm going for performance not just the look so I'm definitely interested in internal upgrades. Do you think it's worth polishing the barrel or going to a 6.01mm?
“I worshipped dead men for their strength, Forgetting I was strong.”
- Vita Sackville-West

phridum
Site Admin

Post by phridum »

There may be others who can give you advice on that. I've never seen a gun get upgraded and perform like it was worth the effort and it usually is worse.

I never recommend opening a gun. Buy a gun designed for what you want, and select the appropriate BB and battery. And polish the barrel.

Cabbage
First Name: Savan
Last Name: Lee

Post by Cabbage »

I was wondering how you guys transport your airsoft guns around if your taking the subway? I don't think the cops will be too thrilled when they search you and find a assault rifle.

Moondog
Site Admin
First Name: Tom
Last Name: DelMundo

Post by Moondog »

I use a padded acoustic guitar gig bag. Try to avoid the subway if possible and keep a low profile (ie don't wear your loadout.) Also see the traveling with airsoft guns topic. http://nycairsoft.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=82&t=730
Goggles fogging? Get Moondog D-Fog :: See the RULES forum :: Please complete your new account activation. :: Read the guide on face photo avatars

phridum
Site Admin

Post by phridum »

You are absolutely right. If you give the police a reason to want to search you, and you are found with an airsoft, not only will they be unhappy, you will go to jail. This true anywhere in NYC, not just the Subway.

You can take measures to go incognito. Don't wear camo and gear or have military-esque items openly. Use a soft acoustic guitar case for the weapons. Don't behave in a manner that could make you stand out, just put in headphones, read a book, or watch out the window.

Your best bet is to arrange a ride. You can set up carpools to most games here on the forum here.

Cabbage
First Name: Savan
Last Name: Lee

Post by Cabbage »

phridum wrote:You are absolutely right. If you give the police a reason to want to search you, and you are found with an airsoft, not only will they be unhappy, you will go to jail. This true anywhere in NYC, not just the Subway.

You can take measures to go incognito. Don't wear camo and gear or have military-esque items openly. Use a soft acoustic guitar case for the weapons. Don't behave in a manner that could make you stand out, just put in headphones, read a book, or watch out the window.

Your best bet is to arrange a ride. You can set up carpools to most games here on the forum here.

Yea I think your right that carpools are the best choice. Also from what I have heard the cops tend to really base it upon race on who they want to search which is totally messed up. For example I was taking the train back home with a huge backpack while my friend on the other hand who's bag wasn't even as filled up as mine was searched, and the thing was that he was African American and after they were done with him they just told us to go. I think this while subway searching thing has gotta stop :x

Shogun Mitsu
Site Admin
First Name: Angel
Last Name: Sosa

Post by Shogun Mitsu »

Well if your walking around showing the world your underwear like Lil Wayne, you deserve to be stopped, searched & taught how to dress... Black, white, yellow, green or blue!
~STRENGTH & HONOR~
NYCAirsoft.com the definitive guide to airsoft for NYC, connecting airsoft players in New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Connecticut and around the world.
ACCOUNT VALIDATION INSTRUCTIONS
viewtopic.php?f=68&t=379