Guide: What gun should I buy? START HERE

New to airsoft? Find out everything you need to know.
Shogun Mitsu
Site Admin
First Name: Angel
Last Name: Sosa

Re: Guide: What gun should I buy? START HERE

Post by Shogun Mitsu »

sk wrote:
Mitsukai wrote:
sk wrote:I ordered the KWA SR7 DEVGRU!
GREAT buy for your first aeg, you will not be disappointed with your purchase. Now all you will need to do is pick up some sights & accessories to dress your baby up, you cant take her out into the world naked can you? :lol:
Hell no I cannot! I'm going to play a 1/2 day of PB on Sat @ High Velocity (Would love for you guys to come out, heheh) and after I'm going to stop by and get some accesories for her from Strike Force: Battery, charger, sight, gloves, mags, etc!

Thanks gun is on delivery truck as I type!
A bit of advice, the accessories are way to pricey there. Just get the gloves & batteries from them. I'll give you links to retailers to order the sights & foregrip from.
~STRENGTH & HONOR~
NYCAirsoft.com the definitive guide to airsoft for NYC, connecting airsoft players in New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Connecticut and around the world.
ACCOUNT VALIDATION INSTRUCTIONS
viewtopic.php?f=68&t=379

primer
First Name: Ted
Last Name: Colegrove

Post by primer »

Mitsukai wrote: A bit of advice, the accessories are way to pricey there. Just get the gloves & batteries from them. I'll give you links to retailers to order the sights & foregrip from.
+1 to that. (And look around the forums [and other forums for that matter] buying used is sooo much better than buying new)
Want to change my signature? http://www.x24d.com/sig_changer/
Moondog wrote:Yes, friendly fire still kills you. Same as real life.

Shogun Mitsu
Site Admin
First Name: Angel
Last Name: Sosa

Post by Shogun Mitsu »

Here is a retailer I found that has pretty awesome prices for sights & weapon accessories. They are all clones, but they work just as good as an original Aimpoint or Eotech. I actually have a Comp m4 from them & I love it on my Kmp9.

http://airsoft.tiger111hk.com/Airsoft-G ... index.html

BE ADVISED: Shipping is slow, about 10-14 days to the ny area.
~STRENGTH & HONOR~
NYCAirsoft.com the definitive guide to airsoft for NYC, connecting airsoft players in New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Connecticut and around the world.
ACCOUNT VALIDATION INSTRUCTIONS
viewtopic.php?f=68&t=379

Sharon
First Name: Austin
Last Name: Dilkes

a new gun

Post by Sharon »

Hey Moondog i think that i should be a member of the site now since i did all of the steps, but the only probelm im having is that all my picture that im trying to use as a avatar are to big. Know of any way on how to shrink them?
And i have another question, i was looking at upgrading my armory and getting a nice high rate of fire M4/M16, and i happend to stumble upon your review of the Matrix M4, how would you say the gun is overall for a intermediate player, because one of my friends has being telling me to go for a KWA.

Thanks Sharon

Moondog
Site Admin
First Name: Tom
Last Name: DelMundo

Post by Moondog »

See the photo avatar guide in the RULES section in START HERE. There's a link in my signature. That should show you how to shrink photos to the right size and also if you use Photobucket, you can rotate the images so your head isn't sideways.

The Matrix M4? Which one. They sell so many types. Can you send please post a link?
Goggles fogging? Get Moondog D-Fog :: See the RULES forum :: Please complete your new account activation. :: Read the guide on face photo avatars

youngbuck
First Name: Benjamin
Last Name: Baum

Airsoft gear.

Post by youngbuck »

I am not a noob or what ever you call it, but im not a pro either.
Im looking for a nice realistic Aeg. I have never owned an Aeg befor so i dont realy know what to look for. Im curently a sniper :D .
I have a couple things i want to have.
- realistic (willing to pay a little more for it)
- Last a while
- outdoor/indoor ( i want to play in both)
- not have to do major mods (im not a wiz with airsoft guns.)
- within $450, i would like under $400 but if its woth the money.
- good accuracy
If you have a recomendation for mags too that would be nice.
im new to NYCAisoft.com
thanks
If you are getting shot at shoot back.

Moondog
Site Admin

Re: Airsoft gear.

Post by Moondog »

youngbuck wrote:I am not a noob or what ever you call it, but im not a pro either.
Im looking for a nice realistic Aeg. I have never owned an Aeg befor so i dont realy know what to look for. Im curently a sniper :D .
I have a couple things i want to have.
- realistic (willing to pay a little more for it)
- Last a while
- outdoor/indoor ( i want to play in both)
- not have to do major mods (im not a wiz with airsoft guns.)
- within $450, i would like under $400 but if its woth the money.
- good accuracy
If you have a recomendation for mags too that would be nice.
im new to NYCAisoft.com
thanks

There's a STICKY topic for all of these types of questions. Merging your thread. Read the 1st post of this thread and read most of the sticky topics in this forum as it will answer the majority of questions.

90% of AEGs are realistic, that's the point. But it really varies on what model/type of gun you're interested in.

Most AEGs nowadays in stock form are accurate, reliable and durable as the next brand. A G&G HK416 is not any less reliable or durable than a UMAREX G36C or a CYMA AK74-SU.
Goggles fogging? Get Moondog D-Fog :: See the RULES forum :: Please complete your new account activation. :: Read the guide on face photo avatars

youngbuck

Post by youngbuck »

Thanks im sorry for that.

youngbuck

Post by youngbuck »

Last edited by youngbuck on Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:07 pm, edited 6 times in total.

Moondog
Site Admin

Post by Moondog »

youngbuck wrote:I am just looking for the best m4 for the money. under $450.00 for outdoor mostly but cqb too. How is the SOCOM Gear PWS, and the G&G top tech. i need a gun by op bad blood.
Post links to the models you want to discuss.

Also please do NOT double post. You have an EDIT button.