Airsoft Gas mask with fan

Uniforms, vests, protective gear, radios, and more

Moderators: primer, Shogun Mitsu

DEFCON
First Name: JR
Last Name: STRICKLAND

Airsoft Gas mask with fan

Post by DEFCON »

Any person here have experience with those 20-30 dollar airsoft gas masks with the fan? the good, the bad ,the ugly........opinions . To buy or not to buy based on feedback.

Thx
DEFCON

EvilAndyXO
First Name: Andy
Last Name: Hansen

Re: Airsoft Gas mask with fan

Post by EvilAndyXO »

No for airsoft, but I use airfed respirators at work all day which is pretty much the same. I wouldn't want anything less than an advantage 1000 because visibility with gas masks/respirators suck and you will get hot no matter if it has a fan or not. Cardio + rubber against your face is not a good equations. If I were looking for the gasmask look with comfort I'd slap a filter on a facemask. Achieve the look without any of the discomfort.

Just my 2 cents,
Andy

Keeper
First Name: Donald
Last Name: Swelgin

Post by Keeper »

if you mean these:
http://www.airsoftatlanta.com/Russian-A ... /66625.htm

Horrible. On a whim, my fiend and I both bought them, one black and he got tan. Lens came out of the black one and the fan barely worked in either one. He later gave me his and I put both of the fans on my black one and it was 'fair' as best. I glued both lens back in and later both popped out of the tan one as well. Cheapo junk.

Suggestion, buy a decent DYE I3 mask and be done with it.
"Might be old...Might be Slow, but I am like a Dog with a Bone. I never give it up."
THE PATRIOTS
The Arsenal: http://patriots.nepa-airsoft.com/Keeper ... s-2016.htm

DEFCON

Post by DEFCON »

Thanks....Im not going to order after your review and experience.
DEFCON

Viperstrike
Site Admin
First Name: Robert
Last Name: Dziedzic

Post by Viperstrike »

If you like the gas mask look you can use one of those 3M masks with one of the filters removed.
With a pair of Flak Jakk goggles they do not fog.

DEFCON

Post by DEFCON »

Just found a sweet deal on the Toyko Mauri pro goggles.....I , use to have a 3m NBC mask, if I still had I would retrofit it with a fan. The TM mask looks pretty decent and the knock off of it looks ok as well.
DEFCON

sonic
Site Admin
First Name: Ian
Last Name: Conolly

Post by sonic »

DEFCON wrote:Just found a sweet deal on the Toyko Mauri pro goggles.....I , use to have a 3m NBC mask, if I still had I would retrofit it with a fan. The TM mask looks pretty decent and the knock off of it looks ok as well.
I currently use the knockoff goggles with fan (no mask) and have never had a real issue with them. they are a little on the large side, but I wear glasses and they fit comfortably. A little distortion on your peripheral vision. All in all, worth the $30