KSC System 7 USP Tactical 45

Detailed reviews and links to reviews of weapons and gear

Moderator: redbull

Nachostheclown
Site Admin

KSC System 7 USP Tactical 45

Post by Nachostheclown »

I have been waiting for someone to make a nice factory USP Tactical for a long time. I was pleasantly surprised when KSC announced they would be adding the Tactical to their new System 7 lineup. As soon as Red Wolf had them up on their site I ordered one . Took about a week for me to receive the my new GBB.

What you get. The box is a very simple grey box with a Styrofoam liner.

Inside the box you will find the gun, mag, manual, barrel plug, assorted extra paperwork and small bag of unmarked bbs.

The gun itself is very solid with no loose parts. It is mostly plastic but the finish is very close to the real thing. Hopefully aftermarket metal slides and barrels will be available down the road.

The gun has lots of little details that add to the realistic look and feel.

The controls on the KSC are ambidextrous and function exactly like the real steel. The weapon can be placed on safe with the hammer down or with the weapon cocked. The safety is also a decock.

Hows the gun shoot. With G+G .25 bios and propane this is about average.

The gun has a hard sharp recoil and can easily go a mag and half without more propane.

Fitting into a real USP Serpa. This took a little work on the front site channel of the holster. I had already Dremmeled out the channel for my RS Tactical but as it turns out the KSC front site is slightly higher and wider. Be very careful, my KSC actually got jammed into the holster before I Dremmeled it.

More to follow

Nachostheclown
Site Admin

Re: KSC System 7 USP Tactical 45

Post by Nachostheclown »

Hows it stack up to the real thing?

Pretty well actually. There are some miner differences but they can easily be chalked up to slightly different models.

Differences that I noticed.
1. RS has night sights while KSC has a standard sights. It should be noted that both models have fully adjustable rear sights.
2. KSC has ambidextrous controls while RS has controls on only one side.
3. Serial number on the frame is a slightly different font
4. Several of the trades on the RS are filled with white paint

You can be the judge

Disassembly is essentially the same as the real steel. Pop out the slide stop and the rest is pretty easy. One issue I have noticed is removing the outer barrel. The barrel O ring is just enough so that the outer barrel can not clear the slide. I have no doubt if it were to be removed there would be no issues. I have no plans to remove to O ring because I'm sure it would break in the process.

Overall a very nice GBB. At $217 plus shipping it is a bit on the pricey side for a plastic GBB but if your looking for a Tactical it's definitely a great option.

Nachostheclown
Site Admin

Re: KSC System 7 USP Tactical 45

Post by Nachostheclown »

I had completly forgotten but the threads are 14mm CCW. So my old MK23 suppressor fits nice.