Maruzen MP5K GBB Review

Detailed reviews and links to reviews of weapons and gear

Moderator: redbull

Nachostheclown
Site Admin

Maruzen MP5K GBB Review

Post by Nachostheclown »

Just came in today. I can't do a full review on this gun yet because I don't have 134 gas to fire it. All I have is green gas and from what I read this gun will self destruct on green.

The gun comes in a nice styrofoam box. In the box is the gun, one 30rd mag, instuctions, small bag of bb's and a catalog. I also ordered 2 50rd mags.

I think it looks a little cooler with the 50rd mags. The gun is mostly ABS plastic. The bolt is metal and adds alot of weight. With the mag inserted the gun feels solid and pretty heavy.

The gun fires from the open bolt position unlike it's real steel brother that fires from the closed bolt position. The gun does not have a last shot lock back so this gun will continue to fire even after your dry of bb's. I'm sure the gun sounds much different once the bb's have been expended. I guess your just going to have to know the difference and stop shooting once the bb's run out.

The safety on the gun feels very realistic unlike most MP5 AEG's.

The charging handle can be locked to the rear, so you can do the classic H&K bolt slap.

Sights are standard MP5 style.

According to everything I have read on the gun, it gets around 240fps with 134 gas. You can get much higher fps with green, but modifications must be made. I'm going to leave it as is, only because this is going to be my back-up and I won't need higher fps. I also don't want to wreck it.

Overall I think this thing is pretty cool but can't really pass judgement until I can fire it. Check back and I will have it updated for you.