AAR OP: Bad Blood 2014

After Action Reports, game photos and videos
Leisure
First Name: Mark
Last Name: Heisler

Re: AAR OP: Bad Blood 2014

Post by Leisure »

MudOnYourFace wrote:Attending my first Bad Blood and playing on OD Mercs was an honor. We had a blast for the first couple of hours, steamrolling every team we encountered and allying with the Blue Bloods about an hour in. We maintained squad formation fairly well and pushed hard with frontal assaults and large flanking maneuvers. For my part, I often found myself leading small charges and pushing other players forward, mud and BBs be damned. As a result of our collective efforts, we quickly collected two stamps. Unfortunately, those were the only stamps we found.

Around 1330, we crossed the road to the Southern Congo. It was there, in the hills, that our team started to break down. Order was lost as we struggled to keep the team together and communicate directions. From there, we chased an empty lead on a stamp until we eventually crossed back over to the Western Congo.

The rest of the game was complete disarray. Hazy alliances were formed but not communicated, making it hard to know whom to shoot. We continued semi-directionless to the Pipeline and and Maha City, finding nothing before the final battle.

The first two hours, when our team held together and objectives were clearly pursued, were excellent. This was the reason I came to this game. If I just wanted to shoot people, I could do that at any game. I came to complete objectives in the midst of huge battles. I came to WIN. And while I can absolutely say I had fun, I'm disappointed by the way things ended. Not because we lost, but because we stopped really fighting for it.

Maybe some of that blame is on the planners for making samples too difficult to locate; maybe some of it is on our team for not pre-planning and organizing as effectively as we could have, though not for lack of effort. Maybe we simply didn't have what it took this year to win, and that's ok.

I'll be back next year, armed with this year's experience. Congrats to Deus X and the Marxists for their success. And thanks to Phridum, Greybeard, and Willus for their leadership. When the team did work, it was because of you guys.

I could type up my own AAR, however it would be exactly what MudOnYourFace stated here. EXACTLY the same. Well said, Mud.

Alchy-ops
First Name: Richard
Last Name: Tochterman

Post by Alchy-ops »

I'd just like to thank everyone who helped out in making OP: Bad Blood a success. A special thanks to the Green Army Embeds Goose and Viper who did an excellent job performing there duties.
Ricochet Tactical Airsoft Retailer Facebook
Shrike Tactical Response Airsoft Team Facebook

OP: Bad Blood 2013 - The Black Shirts
OP: Tantalum Contract 2013 - Angle Sino Security
OP: Fallout 2013 - THE HUDSON UNION
OP: Crimson Skies 2014 - Army
OP: Tommy Gun 2014 - Imperial Guard Invite Only Team
OP: Bad Blood 2014 - Green Army Commanding Officer
OP: Fallout East 2014 - The Wastelanders
OP: Cyrpt 2014 - FREEDOM FIGHTERS

Carbon
First Name: Thomas
Last Name: O'Brien

Post by Carbon »

First off I would like to thank Moondog, PSI, and of course Evike for putting on this amazing event! It was a blast to play in! As for my experience on Deus X, it felt like we were steam rolling. When we were going up a hill in the South field i believe it was, we pushed right on up. And I do have to menion that it helped having a guy with a 45 RPS M60 leading the team up the hill! It was insane. And then we have the assault on Maha City. Not the Mega Battle, but our assault right before the main game ended before the Mega Battle. We had to push out of the woods to get into the city with heavy opposition on the far side of the city on the hill (I believe they were Marxists). This part of the game was where I really felt this game was worth it and this is why I play airsoft. From my eyes, we were all stacked up on a bunch of bushes and trees, and again, the guy with the crazy M60 was leading the way. He jumped out and just rained BBs, as at least 20 of us rushed the city through the cover of smoke and flying BBs. Once in the town, we shot anyone inside, and things got confusing because live Marxist players were mixing with their dead up on the hill (Im sorry to the dead players that I shot while trying to shoot live players). So whenever a Marxist ran down the hill from spawn, like 20 guys from Deus X would shoot them out again. This game was crazy, epic, a success because of Mark Twains Rock-Paper-Scissors skills, and overall an amazing way to spend a weekend!
-HPA KJW KC-02 X22
-KWA KRISS Vector
-Echo1 Full Metal XCR
-Custom Mk12
-VFC M27
-Marui 870
-P* M60

HeadHunterLEAD
First Name: Will
Last Name: Rhodes

Post by HeadHunterLEAD »

First and foremost I want to thank Moondog for putting on such a great game. Next I would like to thank Mark Twain for giving myself and the Headhunters the opportunity to step into a demanding role. Third I would like to thank all of the sponsors and every player who came out to play. This game was very enjoyable from the moment I arrived at the field to the moment it ended.

Now as for my AAR:

3 Sustains (All again from a Deus X perspective):

1) The game play seemed much smoother than last year and their seemed to be far less confusion about objectives, engagements and travel modes between combat areas, than in the previous year. I believe that the organization of the leadership was key to this as well as a strong emphasis on safety.

2) Foregoing a full on lunch break seemed to have a positive effect on most of the players, and equally positive "rude awakening" effect on others. I look at the decision as a eye opener into the lives of combat soldiers and the sacrifices we make. When it is said, some listen and understand, but when it is done many more seem to grasp the concept. Do that again!

3) Adding different colored flags/Bracelets to designate teams and team embeds and respawn points. I only saw a few players from other teams get confused as to where they should be once they had been hit. Towards the end of the game, it was a well oiled machine, and it ran smoothly.

*** And One Extra***

I overheard Moondog, assess the player situations around 1500. I was observing some temper's flaring among a couple players on each of the different teams. Though nothing appeared to get crazy, I think it was good to evaluate the emotional status of each team and its players, and determine an ending point based on the issues at hand.

I only have 2 Improve's/Fix's (Again from a Deus X perspective):

1) Use of Communications devices: At one point on Deus X, our leadership channel was being jammed by a player on our own team. The other Deus X element leaders, and I were able to identify the causes which we found to be either a radio (or radios) improperly jammed into a radio pouch, or mic systems set to VOX. It forced Mark Twain and Deus X command to change channels, but also be discreet about informing Deus X players of the channel change. I don't really have a sharp suggestion on a fix, but it needs to be noted.

2) WATER POINTS: At just about 1600 a few of my Headhunters informed me that they were out of water. I confirmed that they filled up prior to the game start and I noted their consumption. I would assume that other players on every team had to be under the same conditions. Perhaps some water points located in the villages, and crossing points could be placed to allow the game to continue and prevent stragglers. I know, its asking a lot.

Overall, I believe that this game was a huge success. I am looking forward to returning next year!
HEADHUNTER LEAD

jonboy419x
First Name: jonathan
Last Name: thornton

Post by jonboy419x »

Ohio Operators had a great time! All in all a fun game. The sample boxes kept being moved and moble respawns kept getting in the way of the conflict and alliances that aren't supposed to happen .but I guess that's to be expected with this many players. Met a bunch of great people and made a bunch of new friends. See you next year.
Jonboy out
Jonboy
Ohio Operators (CO)
ACU
KWA km4-sr10
KWA ATP auto

Keeper
First Name: Donald
Last Name: Swelgin

Re: Missing Gun

Post by Keeper »

Not being a smart-a$$ here, but how did you lose a gun? Can you explain the situation and maybe that will help.
"Might be old...Might be Slow, but I am like a Dog with a Bone. I never give it up."
THE PATRIOTS
The Arsenal: http://patriots.nepa-airsoft.com/Keeper ... s-2016.htm

Rider
First Name: Michael
Last Name: Rider

Re: Missing Gun

Post by Rider »

Had lot of people loading gear into the van. Not keeping track of what went in and not. Hopefully, someone else at the pizza area picked it up and did not know who it belonged to. Hoping anyways.

MrSpank
Site Admin
First Name: Roman
Last Name: Kamensky

Post by MrSpank »

Speefy wrote: After all, who would suspect a TROLL under the bridge?
I did, actually. I checked under every bridge that I found. But I didn't get to the South bridge in Eastern Congo, just the northern bridges. The game was too short.

I will try to get a proper AAR up later.

I think it was General Green forces that Marxist ran into East of Zaire that froze our advance into that direction. There were some excellent long range shots. Real airsoft snipers. Great shots.

Alchy-ops
First Name: Richard
Last Name: Tochterman

Post by Alchy-ops »

MrSpank wrote:
Speefy wrote: After all, who would suspect a TROLL under the bridge?
I did, actually. I checked under every bridge that I found. But I didn't get to the South bridge in Eastern Congo, just the northern bridges. The game was too short.

I will try to get a proper AAR up later.

I think it was General Green forces that Marxist ran into East of Zaire that froze our advance into that direction. There were some excellent long range shots. Real airsoft snipers. Great shots.
If that was around the last hour or so of the game then yes it was us. We also had one hell of a fire fight just after you guys left I think with OD Mercs and Blue Bloods. I want to say there had to be over a 1000 bbs in the air at one time when both team just opened fire on each other.
Ricochet Tactical Airsoft Retailer Facebook
Shrike Tactical Response Airsoft Team Facebook

OP: Bad Blood 2013 - The Black Shirts
OP: Tantalum Contract 2013 - Angle Sino Security
OP: Fallout 2013 - THE HUDSON UNION
OP: Crimson Skies 2014 - Army
OP: Tommy Gun 2014 - Imperial Guard Invite Only Team
OP: Bad Blood 2014 - Green Army Commanding Officer
OP: Fallout East 2014 - The Wastelanders
OP: Cyrpt 2014 - FREEDOM FIGHTERS

soccerman245
First Name: Eric
Last Name: Kishel

Post by soccerman245 »

Props to Moondog and Evike for hosting an event of this magnitude and including players of all ages. It was an ambitious and admirable move to stand your ground in the decision to include younger players when certain individuals challenged that decision publicly at the event. I applaud you for that.

Now, as a blue blood, I have to say that I was disappointed in the event gameplay. Right off of the bat, our leaders told us all not to shoot the players in the buildings and bushes of Zaire City. This was the city closest to our start point and our respawn zone. The leaders were determined to ally with that faction, whether it was tribal or another faction I am unsure. It led to our entire team being gunned down within the first 10 minutes of the game after that faction turned on us. This was my first experience of the day with the faulty leadership on blue bloods.

As the day proceeded, it seemed that every time our force encountered another team it turned into a ceasefire or an alliance.

I specifically remember an occasion where I was scouting ahead with a few other players with our force behind us. We came upon an enemy force who we engaged without taking any casualties because they had not seen us coming. Within a minute our force was there and our commanders called a ceasefire due to us shooting at friendlies. This was a team we had not even encountered in gameplay yet. Mind you, we had also been walking for over 40 minutes at this point.

From then on out it was us walking back and forth across the map almost aimlessly just making friends with any force we found.

I know this is not Moondog's fault and I have nobody specific to blame. However, this is something that definitely needs to be changed and closely monitored for next year. It ruined my experience for the first day. I wish I could say that it was money well spent, and I would say that had I had many opportunities for fighting the enemy factions as I was supposed to have, but that just wasn't the case.

When you spend $50 on a ticket, $160 on a motel for 2 nights, and drive 6 hours each way you definitely hope that you are getting yourself into something that you will thoroughly enjoy.

The few fights we did have were a blast and helped to make up for the hours spent hiking.

I appreciated the fights we had the 2nd day for op dead blood. That was much more fun and more well organized than the first day. A clear sign that changes were made after learning from the first day. Thank you for that.

I am sure some blue blood players could agree with me on some of these points.

Best,
Eric