AAR OP: Bad Blood EAST 2015 NY June 13-14

After Action Reports, game photos and videos
sverdalovsk
First Name: Christopher
Last Name: Wood

Re: AAR OP: Bad Blood EAST 2015 NY June 13-14

Post by sverdalovsk »

Good game as usual, much better than last year for us Tribals, let me tell you, with the mobile / embed based stamps. This was a great idea. The initial fight in southern Congo got broken up by an injury, and at restart Tribals got rolled, primarily due to players repositioning during the pause (Multicam moved toward us a solid 400 feet, and took cover). We found out the game had restarted when we were fired on by them. The early portion of the game in the main field was great, with several quite enjoyable actions had by our group. I think we made a pretty good speed bump for the big teams, and I hope we were pleasantly annoying, distracting, and amusing.

As a note to Flaco74, I was one of the Tribals in the general area you described just before lunch, and we shot at a lot of people before the lunch break. 2 things to note: 1. all the people fired on were IN PLAY, as in on the active field, 2. a great many people left the field before the break was called. His team may have decided to head to lunch a little early, but the group I was with (and I didn't see any other tribals in the area) stopped shooting at the lunch break (if I remember correctly, we got the call on the radio that lunch break was called, and headed out to get food ourselves).

On this topic, we ran into a number of people in the late morning and afternoon who took masks off on the field. In a number of cases we identified that through our scopes, and called blind man, which on several occasions got us dirty looks from people who had their masks off, and on other occasions was ignored. I can tell you from several experiences, it is very difficult to tell if someone has a mask on, and on the field, during play, I should not need to check (though experience has taught me to anyway when I am catching people by surprise, which probably saved two people back behind Matadi Village from loosing their eyes in 2012). It is the duty of everyone on the field to keep their eye protection on. As a note on this though:

Moondog, there needs to be nets dividing the staging area near the chrono and office trailer from the field, as standing at the back of the field, I was only ~50' out of range of the pick-nick pavilion at the office trailer!

In the afternoon, we had a blast, and engaged pretty much everyone it seemed. I would say that certain Tribals should remember next year that they cannot ally with other teams, and if they do, they should expect to get shot by other Tribals as if they are part of that team.

Overall, good work to Moondog and his crew for setup, good game to the teams on the field, and I look forward to next year.

cardellos
First Name: STEPHEN
Last Name: Cardello

Re: AAR OP: Bad Blood EAST 2015 NY June 13-14

Post by cardellos »

its always mutil-cams fault...
"Truly, truly, I say to you, unless a grain of wheat falls into the earth and dies, it remains alone"