Airsoft games, OPs, fields and planning
Moondog
Site Admin
First Name: Tom
Last Name: DelMundo

OP: Second Dawn - Stryker NJ 3.9.13

Post by Moondog »

ABOUT
NYCAirsoft is organizing a private CQB game with scenarios based on the Iraq War's battle of Fallujah. This private event is benefiting the Intrepid Fallen Heroes Fund (IFHF). Each player will receive a complimentary game BBs and swag from Evike.com

DATE
March 9, 2013

SCHEDULE
08:00-08:30 Registration/Sign-In (prompt)
09:00-11:30 Scenario
11:30-12:00 Private skirmish

13 Route 57 Hackettstown, NJ 07840
(908) 269-8965
http://www.strykerairsoftnj.com

EVENT FEES
PayPal deposit is required to register for the event and game fee payable at the field. http://nycairsoft.com/frontpage/sample- ... n-deposit/
$10 Deposit (Deadline noon 3/8/13)
$15 Game Fee (Paid at field)

WEAPON REQUIREMENTS
• 350 FPS limit w/.20g BBs
• Semi-Only capable weapons

EQUIPEMENT REQUIREMENTS
IMPORTANT: Bring a spare T-Shirt: white, blue or grey color will be used to identify OPFOR players
• ANSI ZD7+ rated goggles with straps
  • – No shooting glasses
    – No mesh goggles without secondary eye-protection against shrapnel
• Full Face Protection REQUIRED: balaclavas, shemaghs, or masks (bandannas are not acceptable)
• 16 years old or older (unless accompanied by an adult player)
• Must be a registered on NYCAirsoft forum
• Barrel Condoms for SMGs and rifles (those without condoms will be required to buy them from the field)
• Red dead rag

TEAMS
Players will NOT be identified by their uniform or shirt color. Instead players will be split up into headwraps and non-headwraps. All players must bring a shemagh or light colored t-shirt (to wear as a headwrap.)

REGISTRATION
No walk on players. All players must preregister with a deposit (see above) to be added to the roster. Please post here to notify us of your payment.

RULES AND WAIVERS
Please print out and complete both waivers in the Player Packet PDF (see download box below)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Goggles fogging? Get Moondog D-Fog :: See the RULES forum :: Please complete your new account activation. :: Read the guide on face photo avatars

Moondog
Site Admin

Re: OP: Second Dawn - Stryker NJ 3.9.13

Post by Moondog »

TEAMS
Players will be identified by their uniform or shirt type. Full, matching uniforms preferred.

GREEN: Any green camo uniform, plus black, OD and Sky (blue)
  1. Demon (Commander)
  2. Wulf
  3. Tsuyoi
  4. DisrupTer911

TAN: Any desert camo uniform, including MultiCam and ACU/UCP
  1. Shogun Mitsu
  2. Mark Twain (Commander)
  3. Cracker
  4. Broadsword
  5. Runeghost
  6. Chino
  7. Joogun
  8. moose
  9. Mark Twain guest
  10. Alamat
  11. Sir lots
  12. Dusty
  13. SpaceMt
Goggles fogging? Get Moondog D-Fog :: See the RULES forum :: Please complete your new account activation. :: Read the guide on face photo avatars

Broadsword
First Name: Samuel
Last Name: Gatsos

Post by Broadsword »

I know this is going to sound nooby as hell, but all the CQB places I play at don't have red rags. I dont own one. LOL can I just cut one up from a red t-shirt?
‎"Now there's things you need to know -draw- bout your frickin' secondary, just like your primary, takes bullets. And every time you pull that trigger, that bullet frickin' disappears. It just happens, I dunno, it's science, physics is involved or something crazy it's like magic or something. I don't really know. But it's gonna run outta bullets."

"Chris Costa could deliver all of Santa's presents on Christmas Eve and still have time to find Osama"

Moondog
Site Admin

Post by Moondog »

Broadsword wrote:I know this is going to sound nooby as hell, but all the CQB places I play at don't have red rags. I dont own one. LOL can I just cut one up from a red t-shirt?
You mean, they don't Require Rags? Or don't sell them?

Yes, a cut up t-shirt will do.

Broadsword

Post by Broadsword »

all of the above
‎"Now there's things you need to know -draw- bout your frickin' secondary, just like your primary, takes bullets. And every time you pull that trigger, that bullet frickin' disappears. It just happens, I dunno, it's science, physics is involved or something crazy it's like magic or something. I don't really know. But it's gonna run outta bullets."

"Chris Costa could deliver all of Santa's presents on Christmas Eve and still have time to find Osama"

Broadsword

Post by Broadsword »

We should also try and divide all of the attending players evenly to allow for a more fair and fun gaming experience. I know it makes me sound like a bitch, but no one likes a game where the other team wins in ten seconds. No fun.

Reaper 278
First Name: Joseph M.
Last Name: Faillace

Post by Reaper 278 »

Sounds like fun. Any details on the scenario?
If it's a penny for your thoughts, and you put your two cents in, what happens to the other penny?

Callsign: Reaper
Primary: KWA SR7
Secondary: KWA M226 PTP

Member of Task Force 278

Moondog
Site Admin

Post by Moondog »

Reaper 278 wrote:Sounds like fun. Any details on the scenario?
We'll have one team playing insurgents and anther team playing a Marine Battalion sent into Fallujiah to push out the insurgents. I'm currently working with Phridum who was in the 3rd Battalion 1st Marines in Iraq in 2005 on working up the missions.

Broadsword

Post by Broadsword »

Am I the only one who thinks three hours isn't that much time? I mean is it going to be open to the public after the private game is over for more airsofting?

Three hours will be plenty with this group. ;)

Then you can pay to stay w/ the public until 10:00 pm if you haven't had enough.

The scenario based play is infinitely better than the 100 people shooting at you at once public session. Don't take me wrong; I do attend the public sessions from time to time. You get a lot of trigger time but not much in the way of tactics or team play in the public sessions. However it is no where as challenging, organized, or fun as MoonDog's events

Moondog
Site Admin

Post by Moondog »

Broadsword wrote:Am I the only one who thinks three hours isn't that much time? I mean is it going to be open to the public after the private game is over for more airsofting?
You may be the only one who thinks that.

Yes, the field will be open to the public at noon for their "normal" CQB sessions. If you prefer playing fast respawn, death match games all day, then don't attend. Just come after this scenario game and attend Stryker's normal
games.

This is a private CQB session which means it's not open to the public. The scenarios are more complicated and the players are older and more disciplined. Because it is a private game, there won't be dead time waiting in staging for your group's turn while another game is being run.